Psychics and their psychic powers have always intrigued society since the beginning of time. It is not a new concept that people turn to psychics for their wisdom and guidance, but these supernatural abilities have been documented for centuries. A psychic is able to tap into extrasensory perceptions in the spiritual realm to provide insights into a person’s life. There are many images that come to mind when one thinks of a psychic in possession of psychic abilities, most likely a woman gazing into a crystal ball which lights up with the secrets and predictions it holds; though the truth is that psychic abilities and the method of “seeing” are different for different people.
While many people may have their own vision in mind when it comes to what a psychic is
and their psychic powers, it may come as a surprise that these psychic abilities are not all the same. There are many different types of psychic abilities which many people may experience to some degree. Harnessing these powers requires honing in on these abilities to really fully master them and understand the insights they bring. Take a look at this list of 10 of the most fascinating psychic abilities that people have for a better understanding.
List of Psychic Abilities
You’ve probably heard the term, having a “sixth” sense. Well, there are really six of this extra sense:
- Clairvoyance - This is one of the most known about psychic abilities. It is the ability to see things which aren’t there in the physical realm. Clairvoyants are able to communicate with spirits, as well as make predictions about the future and insights into the past.
- Clairaudience - This is the ability to hear things which aren’t in the physical realm such as hearing the voices of spirits.
- Clairsentience - This is the psychic power of gaining knowledge from the spiritual realm. A psychic with clairsentience is able to know specific details about a person they just met.
- Clairalience - This is the ability to gain knowledge from smells that are not physically present. It usually provides a sign about something as a message from the spiritual world.
- Clairgustance - This is the ability to taste something without actually putting anything in your mouth. It provides the same messages as Clairalience does.
- Claircognizance - Also referred to as ‘clear knowing’, this ability provides a person with knowledge which they wouldn’t necessarily have known.
Every living being has an aura. It is the magnetic field which surrounds us and it reflects each individual’s personal energy. The aura is made up of several layers that are connected to form a whole. These layers reveal the various emotional, divine and rational components of each individual.
An aura reader is able to interpret a person’s aura and can provide meaningful insights into a person’s life. An aura reader will be able to determine if a person is experiencing any energy blockages which may be holding them back, or also reveal personality strengths which could help a person find direction in different areas of their life. Auras are seen in different colors and each color reflects a different meaning. For example, a person who is highly spiritual may emit a violet aura while a person who is very passionate may emit a red aura.
Precognition is the psychic power of knowing what is going to happen in the future. A person with this psychic ability is able to tap into their sixth sense and they know that something is going to happen. Precognition is not the same as premonition so this doesn’t necessarily mean a person is able to predict major events.
An empath strongly feels the emotions of others as if they are their own. An empath healer is able to sense the emotions of others and the sensations they may feel which are connected to these emotions to help the person become more aware of what they may be experiencing. By helping a person become more conscious of what they may be feeling can help the person release any negative energy so that they can heal. Breaking through this energy block can help a person move forward.
A medium is someone with the psychic ability of communicating with spirits and those in the spiritual realm. They can act as the go-between of those here in the physical world and those in the spiritual world. A medium will receive messages from those who are deceased and be able to pass them on. A medium can use these messages from the past to help a person create a better future.
Through this psychic ability,
a person is able to gain knowledge about the history of an object through the power of touch. A psychometrist will gain senses from the object they touch, and be able to interpret the history behind the object such as who it belonged to and what they were like.
This is the psychic power of mind-to-mind communication. Descriptions of telepathy have been around for centuries, and in 1884, it was the first psychic ability to be studied scientifically. An example of telepathy is sensing someone important to you is in danger even though you are far away from each other, or thinking about someone you haven’t spoken to in a long time, only to receive a call from them the next day. These telepathic thoughts seem to come in different forms such as dreams, visions, mental images or hallucinations.
Divination, also known as fortune telling, is the psychic art of foreseeing the future. This is done through various omens and rituals. There are different types of divination in which a reader is able to “see” into the future. Some examples include tarot cards,
palm reading, numerology, and crystal readings to name a few.
Astral projection is a purposeful out of body experience. When your soul leaves your body during this experience, it is able to travel through different dimensions.
This is the psychic power of gathering insights about a person or event in a different location without tapping into any of the senses. The psychic is able to make an interpretation of these visions from the small bits that they see.
Do You Have Psychic Abilities?
Most people have some kind of psychic ability, but our minds are usually too overwhelmed to fully realize and tap into these powers. By learning about the different psychic powers,
your own psychic abilities can be developed and fine tuned. Some signs that you have psychic abilities include:
- Synesthesia. This is when the senses are swapped so you may associate a certain person with a color or symbol, or certain sights make you taste certain things.
- Your gut instinct is pretty accurate. You have a strong sense of knowing something and you are usually correct.
- The ability to predict the future. This is one of the most obvious signs of a psychic ability, though it doesn’t mean you are able to predict big events or what the lottery numbers are. It is more a sense something is going to happen, and then it does.
- You have very vivid dreams. Dreams that seem real and can leave an impression on you for the rest of the day, or even days. You may have a dream about someone and then you run into them the next day.
- You have extra sharp senses. You may feel like you can read someone’s mind as you know what they are going to say before they say it.
- You’re empathetic. Empaths are very sensitive to the emotions of those around them. You may even feel these emotions as if they are your own.
- You often experience feelings of deja vu.
As we can see, the list of psychic abilities seems almost endless and many people are able to hone their own psychic abilities for a better understanding of the things around us and for deeper insights into many of life’s questions. By taking advantage of a reading with a psychic, you are able to gain a better understanding of your own life and find clarity about the things that may hold you back from reaching your full potential. Find the psychic with the skill which would be the most comfortable for you, and you may just be amazed at the insights they provide.